Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Solar Chicken Soup


My favorite soup is chicken soup so last week I made a batch on the solar funnel.

Basic ingredients were-

1 whole chicken
4 cans chicken stock
carrots
onions
diced potatoes
2 or 3 bay leaves
salt and pepper

I put the whole chicken and bay leaves in my 3 gallon stock pot (I really need to get more pots) with the stock and enough water to cover the chicken. Put on the lid, bagged it and set it out to cook. The chicken simmered for a couple of hours on the solar cooker until I removed it to cool so I could remove the meat from the bones.

I added the carrots, onions and potatoes and put it all back out to continue cooking for about an hour and a half roughly. Once it was done and seasoned I cooled it, added the meat and portioned it into 3 bags to freeze for later meals.

No comments: